The Springfield Business Improvement District (SBID) aims to be a resource for business owners, both those contemplating opening a business in Downtown Springfield and those who currently reside in our amazing urban center. These are just a few of the services and a snapshot of the information we have available – we want to help you open a business in Springfield MA! If you do not see an answer to your question please feel free to contact us here.
Architectural Lighting Program
The three goals of the Architectural Lighting Program are:
- To highlight historical architecture within Springfield’s downtown metro area.
- To provide a corridor of light for night time visitors to the downtown area.
- To provide a level of comfort to visitors, increasing foot traffic and therefore economic growth.
For the first year of this program, the SBID is proud to sponsor buildings at 75% of the cost of all lighting and installation. This is a limited time offer which will not be guaranteed in future fiscal years, as funding changes budget to budget. Please click here for an application for lighting.
Clean & Safe Team
Downtown Banner Program
Parking in Downtown
Valet Park of America Monthly Opportunities
Meter parking – Parking meters are operated in the parking meter zones established every day between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified by the City Council and indicated on such meters. Such parking meters shall not be operated on Sundays or during the hours of legal holidays during which certain retail stores are required by law to remain closed.
- Springfield Historic Preservation Trust Fund
- DevelopSpringfield’s State & Main Street Storefront Program – The Corridor Storefront Improvement Program (CSIP)
- The Emerging Technology Technical Assistance Grant Program from The Office of Planning and Economic Development (OPED)
- Small business loans from The City of Springfield
- A small business storefront grant program from the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
Funding Sources include:
Business Mentorship Programs
- Office of Planning & Economic Development for City of Springfield
- Economic Development Council (EDC) of Western MA
- The State Office of Minority and Women Business Assistance (SOMWBA)
- The Small Business Administration (SBA)
- The Workforce Training Fund (WTFP)
- The Massachusetts Community Development Finance Corporation
- Employment Incentive Pilot Program: Serving individuals with Disabilities