- This event has passed.
Earth Day Festival 2019
April 14 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
FREE activities on the Quadrangle Green!
Eco-friendly demonstrations, bluegrass music by Boys of the Landfill, and special exhibits.
11:30am and 1pm – 1 – Boys of the Landfill Bluegrass Band
Environmental Songs on the Quadrangle Green
12pm – Massachusetts Bird of Prey Rehabilitation Program
Live Presentation by Tom Ricardi in Tolman Auditorium, Springfield Science Museum
1. Connecticut River Conservancy
2. Hampden County Bee Keepers Association (Beekeeping Materials and Products)
3. Greening the Gateway Cities Springfield (Environmental Art Display)
4. Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge (Wildlife Programs)
5. Springfield Climate Action and Resilience Plan
6. Springfield Department of Public Works (Recycling Display)
7. Springfield Forestry Division (Seedling Giveaway)
8. Mass Wildlife Angler Education Program (Casting Lessons for Kids)
9. Springfield Water and Sewer Commission (Coble Mountain Water Give Away)
10. ECOS (Environmental Center for Our Schools) (Paper Making Activity)
11. Keep Springfield Beautiful (Great American Cleanup)
12. Better Life Whole Foods (Educational Games)
13. Suez Water (Wastewater Treatment)
14. Pollinators Welcome
15. Regreen Springfield
16. City Compost
17. Western Massachusetts Council Boy Scouts of America (Bird House Kits, fishing game, rope-making, knot tying.)
18. Western MA Master Gardeners Association (Activities for children including make your own seed tape)
Rain Location: Science Museum.
More info: https://goo.gl/tuznYY