- This event has passed.
Halloween: Monster Mayhem
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree with Museum Admission
In this safe environment, families will enjoy a day of trick-or-treating through the Museums and candy chemistry with local college students.
Wear your costume and go trick or treating in the galleries. Free with museum admission!
Make a Trick-or-Treat Bag, 11 am-3 pm
Before you hunt for candy, customize a carrier to stash your sweets. Science Workshop, Second Floor, Springfield Science Museum
Trick-or-Treat, 11 am-3 pm
Roaming Magic, 11 am-3 pm
Can you spot our friends Pete & Chris? Try and solve their puzzles and games and enjoy a magic trick or two with this team! Springfield Science Museum
Candy Chemistry, 11 am-3 pm
Learn about the science of sweets with our friends from UMass Chemistry Club! While supplies last. Discovery Lab, Lower Level, Springfield Science Museum
Roll a Monster, 12-4pm
Build your own monster! Roll a dice to add another eye, arm or antenna—or four of each! Art Discovery Center, Second Floor, GWV Smith Art Museum
Costumes worn to the Museums during themed programs and events must follow the guidelines below. Visitors who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from the Museums, unless their costume can be modified:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn; costume headwear may be worn if it does not cover the face.
- No props or accessories that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- No long, sharp, or pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another visitor or collections object.
- No costume elements that reach or drag on the ground.
- No balloons or glitter.