What’s New at the Basketball Hall of Fame
After years of renovations the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame has reopened.
The Hall’s renovation includes the refurbishment of its iconic dome, in addition to a new technologically advanced visitor experience including the following:
- “High Above Center Court” – An all new exhibit set beneath the iconic dome, High Above Center Court features a series of photo opportunities where guests can “measure up” against cut outs of their favorite players and take a tour through artifacts highlighting key moments in history, such as the “Phenom” exhibit featuring LeBron James or the “Fashion” exhibit featuring Dennis Rodman.
- “Hall of Honor” – The all new signature exhibit of the Hall of Fame is the Hall of Honor. Enjoy this reverent space while learning through a series of interactive kiosks. With over 24 hours of video content, the experience can become as deep and vast as guests chose.
- “1891 Gallery” – Experience the time period surrounding the game’s invention by Dr. James Naismith. Learn about the original rules, which notably haven’t changed much! See artifacts such as a piece of the hardwood from the original YMCA and uniforms worn by the first female trailblazers of the game.
- “Players Gallery”– Take a deep dive into players’ signature moves, such as Kareem’s Sky Hook, Ray Allen’s art of shooting the three-point shot or the euro-step which has taken scoring to new heights.
- “James Goldstein Superfan Gallery” – Take a journey through the all new superfan gallery and experience the game through the legendary superfans such as James Goldstein and Nav Bhatia. Explore memorabilia from the amazing collection of late Superfan Penny Marshall.
- “Jerry Colangelo Court of Dreams” – Be sure to shoot baskets on the all new Court of Dreams featuring a wowing LED screen that runs highlights of legendary players and moments in basketball history.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
The full list of implemented protocols can be found at hoophall.com/covid-19, including:
- An elevated sanitation and cleaning protocol, including hourly sanitizing of all frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, and elevator buttons
- Hand sanitizer stands spread throughout the museum floors
- Complimentary disposable face masks for all guests
- Designated foot traffic patterns to facilitate social distancing
- Complimentary stylus devices to use on all touch screen applications throughout the museum
- Sanitization of every basketball following guest use
- Anyone experiencing any type of illness is asked to refrain from visiting